Sunday, March 17, 2013

Should I Post a Shirtless Pic on my Online Dating Profile?


I have been asked several times, “CatLady,  is it a good idea to post a shirtless photo of myself on my online dating profile?”
Let me spell it out for you:  NO!
Men of the internet,  you will never win by posting a shirtless photo of yourself..  ESPECIALLY if it was taken in the bathroom.
Let’s dig deeper..
If you are a male,  it is safe to say you are either toned/ripped, or you are not.
If you work out and have something to show, once again – especially if it is a bathroom self portrait – you appear absolutely full of yourself.   I can imagine the pep talk you give yourself in the mirror every morning.  You are probably super high maintenance, and I already don’t think I can deal with you.
Let’s say you are probably average, aren’t sporting a tan and keep your six pack in the cooler.. You, my friend, are going to be mocked.
“But what if I am on the beach?”   I still think posting any sort of shirtless photo of yourself seems tool-ish, but it’s not as bad as the shirtless bathroom photo.  I will probably mock you if you are pasty on the beach, or sporting a farmer tan.  (Believe me, I’ve seen it!)
Let me counter it with this –  you probably don’t want to see every female on MillionaireMatch in a bikini, right?   Fact of life:  Some female body types just look better in a tasteful one-piece suit.
Save your manly chest for a private viewing..  She’ll let you know if she’s dying to see it.

1 comment:

  1. hi dear,
    how are you today? i hope fine i wish to be your friend as i really like your article here

    ReplyDelete